Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Glitch in NX1872

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenja824

Automotive
Nov 5, 2014
US
We have a button that General Motors created (So I cant change it). I believe it sets the reference sets on the part you are in. We use it after making new details and such.

The button still does the job and seems to work, but after running it on a detail, if you go to the Assembly window, that detail acts strange. If you hit the check box in the assembly navigator to turn it off, it still shows in the assembly. Whether you have it on or off, if you try to select it from inside the window, it is unselectable.

We have checked layers, visible in view and reference sets and everything. The only way to fix it is to close the detail and re-open it. Then everything is back to working perfect.

Has anyone else had this glitch or something similar to it? Have you found a way to fix that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Being a GM toolkit solution, you may need to contact your GM rep for information.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I had thought of that, but the glitch happening just seemed to be an NX glitch. The fact that after it happens, all you need to do is close the part and reopen it and everything is fine, it makes me think the button still does its job. It is just that now the same actions taken in past revisions cause a glitch in the NX1872 version. So before I complained to GM, I had to make sure it is not something we can correct by changing a setting in customer defaults or something simple like that.

Perhaps I should hope for an answer here while also submitting the issue to GM at the same time.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back