Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weird Sketcher Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAD519

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2008
CA
I had Catia installed and running fine, when one day I noticed my Sketcher Icons were out of place, or not where they're known to be normally. This was the case for my R17 and R18 installation. I uninstalled Catia completely from my machine, folders, CATSettings folders, everything. I then reinstalled R17, pointed to an empty, newly created CATSettings location, and I got the same issue. Please refer to my attached image. Has anyone ever seen this before? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

click the home setting at option and select <restore parameters value to default one > found at the extreme lower right corner

after this on customize option on <tool bar> tab select restore all , restore position.

restart catia

think it may help you...
if you tried this than sorry..

Hi sanket123,

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure what you mean by your first step.

"click the home setting at option and select <restore parameters value to default one > found at the extreme lower right corner"

Home setting at option? Is this in Tools>Options? Where is the Home setting?

Thanks again, sanket123. I want to try this.

Sanket123,

Never mind, I found what you were telling me to do. In Tools>Options in the lower left corner, the reset parameters icon. Yeah, that didn't work. Even when I went to the Customize area and restored all icon positions it still didn't reset. I have no idea why this is happening. What's strange is that I have both Catia R17 and R18, both point to their own CATSettings folders, and both Sketcher workbench problems are identical. No idea.
Thanks anyway, sanket123.

I've had something similiar, doubling icons and strange icon behavior. Think we concluded that was a corrupt installation and reinstalled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back