Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Welding Engineer Certification Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

abangbikerz

Mechanical
Apr 3, 2012
MY
I get an offer to join an Associate Welding Engineer(AWE)class and exam from JWES Japanese Welding and Engineering Society. I think this is a good headstart for me to be a future qualified Welding Engineer. There is 3 known cert scheme for WE. AWS CWe(USA), IIW(EUROPEAN), and JWES WE( JAPAN). From my chat with some senior person in inspection industry, both 3 are equally good and recognized.

Can i get some more comments and inputs from anyone here on this matter. Is both three are recognized equally or not.

Thank You in advanced

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So, this is a "professional" class for actually welding or a tech school or an on-line class) or a sales-gimmick "professional credits" class?

Or a accredited class giving recognized educational class credits towards an actual welding engineer degree? Notice that you can (almost) be a welding engineer without actually being a "welder" melting and cutting metal - and some people actually try that! - but you will very, very rapidly lose real-world credibility if you cannot actually fabricate metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back