Welding Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

21Pom

Mechanical
May 1, 2010
AU
Hi All,

I'm have no luck in creating/welding two rods together. They form the base of my fan guard, previously discussed.

What I have, refer attached file, is a circular ring of 6mm dia. steel rod and in the centre to give the item strength, is a cross piece also made from 6mm steel rod.

I have tried several ways to create the weld with no luck. Can anyone offer a solution to the problem.

Best Rgds,

Dave R.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dave,

Really the choice is up to the individual, if you feel that the training will be of benefit to you, then by all means give it a go and make up your mind.

I only offer my personal opinion and preference, as I always do on these types of forums. I can't speak for rollupswx's training, only what I have seen and heard.

Many application engineers were horrible designers so they went into teaching, this is not always the case, some are brilliant users and designers.

I guess you have to treat it on a case by case basis but you know what my stand point is, based on my experience only.

I am not going to hash it out further but if you are interested check out some of the comments on other forums.

Run a search, come up with your own opinion.

Still my recommendation is always tutorials, white papers, customized training, or take a job with a company that has proficient Inventor users and trainers (but don't forget to read in your own time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back