Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Welding Research Council Contact Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ_

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2023
AU
Hello everybody! Long time reader, first time poster.

Does anyone know what's happened to the Welding Research Council, specifically how to contact them?
I believe their official website is forengineers.org, but it just shows a generic landing page.
My attempts to email mprager@ or bulletinsales@forengineers.org bounces back as undeliverable. (Taken from google searches which indicate to email either of these emails to enquire about buying WRC docs.)

(I was trying to contact them regarding MPC Project Omega related items.)

Thanks,
EJ

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, we already have NozzlePro for nozzle analysis.

I'm specifically looking at high temp creep, and I understand WRC/MPC (Materials Property Council, which I understand is a part of the WRC) developed the MPC Project Omega method, and I assume they assisted the API committee with the practical implementation of the method in API579 section 10. I'm implementing the method as a subroutine in Abaqus, and have found some computational stability issues for low stress states with high triaxiality.
I've reviewed WRC bulletin 554 which has some useful info about stress ranges etc, but doesn't quite match up with the API579 implementation.
I'm finding Omega explodes at low stress for some materials (800HT), which coupled with the multiaxial exponent, can lead to incorrect damage rates. (i.e. can get strainrate 1e-30, with damage rate 1e30 which is nuts, and doesn't correlate with the behaviour for other materials.)

Thanks,
EJ

Thanks BJI, that name popped up in some of my past searches, and the authors of WRC554 all seem to be there, so I've emailed E2G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back