Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Welding Symbol 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
Is there a way to designate a weld that could be a fillet, bevel, or flare bevel weld depending on the location within the joint. Something like the following:

Clipboard01_xgamhf.png

It's not for an actual detail, but if for an SMath program I'm writing.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's the detailer's responsibility to tell the welder what joint detail and weld sizes are to be. The welder isn't a designer. The allowable unit stress for a CJP groove weld is considerably higher than for a fillet weld.

Best regards - Al

Thanks...

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

A welding symbol is specific for a particular weld joint only or when you have same weld types at different location, you can use same symbol by multiple arrow lines.
The way you represented weld is not correct. You cant have different basic weld symbols on same reference line one after other although you can overlap and use arrow side and other side feature. See below example for combination weld.
BevelDepth23-July-2014Model1_rcz3ye.jpg

Thanks sand... much appreciated. The welds are not applied at the same time, but are alternative welds that can be applied depending on what the base material configuration is. It's not for detailed drawings, but for programs I write. I will revise my sketch. Your approach appears to be better.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Thanks... the symbol is only used to reference design variables, so it's not critical. I was just thinking that if there was a standard symbol, that I would use it...

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back