Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

welding

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoA

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2007
US
I am having trouble with weldments. There are two cases in particular where I can't seem to get any type of welding to work. The most perplexing one is (even when using standard pipes and flanges provided by the content center) I can't get the inside of the flange to weld to the end of the pipe. The other problem is, in situations like, if I have a pipe going through the end of a cap with a machined hole, I can't get the outside of the cap to weld to the outside of the pipe.
Can anyone please suggest how I get those welds to work?

Thank you,

Bruno

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just something to look at, if you're using a release earlier than 2008 you cannot have any kind of gap between the two components being welded together.

I'm using inventor pro 2008.

To clarify: I'm trying to weld a flange to a pipe and I can weld from the top of the flange to the outside of the pipe, but not the inside of the flange to the actual end of the pipe. I also still have that problem with the pipe through a cap. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks

No the leg is not thicker than the thickness of the pipe. I've tried all different leg sizes and all the different types of welds. I can't see to get it to work.

Is there a procedure I need to follow to weld the ouside of a curved object to the outside of another curved object? Is there also a procedure to weld the inside of a pipe or flange to anything? What should I check, or make sure to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back