Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Weldment Profile Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

je696763

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2003
US
I am haveing a lot of problems with getting my weldment profiles to work when adding a structural member. I have created a folder system like this:
Weldment Profiles/ANSI/Square Tube. Under Square Tube, I have two different parts that I saved as libray features. One is called 3 x 3 x 11 Ga.sldlfp, and the other is 2 x 2 x 11 Ga.sldlfp. When I go to create a structural member, they do not show up. Then I decided to add one of the default folders to see if it worked, so I copied the folder Rectangular Tube under Solidworks/Data/Weldment Profiles, and copied it under the Weldment Profiles/ANSI directory. The wierd thing is that when I go to create the struct. member, I see ANSI under the Standard selection, I can go to either rectangular tube or square tube under the Type selection, but either way I get the profiles of the rectangular tube under the Size selection. Even if I have Square tube selected as the type. Before I copied rectangular tube to this folder I didn't see anything in the size box. I'm using SW 2005 SP1.1. Anybody have any ideas as to what is going on?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I got it working, it had something to do with the file name square tube I guess. I could move my files to the rectangular tube folder and they would work. I just renamed the square tube folder to sq. tube and then the files showed up in that one also. Not sure why, but at least its working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back