Westinghouse T&D Book 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

umrpwr

Electrical
Dec 21, 2002
US
Hello,

I would appreciate any feedback or reviews that anyone could provide on the Westinghouse T&D book. I know the Westinghouse version is no longer in print, but it is now being published by ABB instead and available from them. It has long been a standard industry reference for power engineers, but am wondering if it is worth the $250? Technical books and information are never cheap though. I would just like to get some feedback before I go ahead and purchase a copy. Is this a must for any power engineer's reference library?

I was also wondering if anyone was familair with the Westinghouse Electric Utility Engineering Reference Book-Distribution Systems. I am looking for a good reference book covering distribution system engineering and would appreciate any sugguestions.

Thanks,
umrpwr

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sidiropoulos:
I agree with you, while it's not about the T&D, I have judt received the Bassler catalog and it has some very interesting articles on generator protection and exciters, since they haven't updated the sentinel books I recommend this catalogue to you

Suggestion: Certainly, $ might be the decisive factor in the purchase.
Looking at the content briefly:
1. There are 23 Chapters.
2. Many references and pictures to electrical equipment tend to be heavily aging.
3. Theoretical engineering and design mathematical relationships tend to be up-to-date. I see many of them in current textbooks being used at university levels.
4. I am finding valuable references to older specific published material that is no longer or rarely being referenced in up-to-date papers and books, e.g. high-pressure pipe-type oil-filled cable, high-pressure pipe -type gas-filled cable, etc.
5. Extensive transformer wiring or connection diagrams with parameters are conveniently summarized.
6. Etc.
If you can afford it, buy it. For electrical equipment, it is prudent to contact manufacturer for up-to-date information anyhow.

I want to buy the "silent sentinels".What is eBay?Can Phillyboy give details.
I bought my copy of Westinghouse T &D book nearly 35 years back for $3(today's exchange rate half a dollar )in India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back