Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WF3 crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalonis

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2002
US
We're (finally) upgrading to WF3 from 2001. We're finding that WF3 crashes sometimes when opening files, changing directories, and numerous like times. The release is F000. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Get a newer build! F000 is the initial release from March 2006! M110 was released in the past month.

Check that you are running on certified computers with up to date graphics cards and drivers. Also, you need at least 2GB of memory on your computers to run Wildfire. If you deal with large assemblies, 4GB is better.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Did you clean the registry after removing Pro/E 2001 and before installing WF3? Do you have the updated video driver?

Heckler [americanflag]
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

This post contains no political overtones or undertones for that matter and in no way represents the poster's political agenda.

Metalonis,
We had a similar situation recently...
See below:

ttx (Mechanical) 9 Oct 07 14:21
Heckler,
Thanks for your efforts...
It would seem that the computer we were trying to do the install on - had previously had a Wildfire demo installed.
Even after cleaning the registry and starting over, 2001 would not install correctly.
We have since done an XP system restore, to a date before Wildfire was installed. It worked!

Thanks to everyone for your input...

Cheers,

JW

It's not just WF3, we have been crashing ever since we started with WF2. We're getting ready to upgrade to build code m120 as soon as it's released. The only thing I can say is it has gotten extremely worse since we upgraded to WF3. We have noticed over the past month that the incidents have gotten more and more frequent, getting wores every day.

We have been running WF3 for a few months now and the longer we go, the worse things get.

I agree with maxxismudder.

We had WF2 two years ago, and had ramdon crashes, we upgraded to WF3 hoping it would be the solution, and currently using datecode 090, the crash rate is superior to WF2, should I expect WF4 to double this rate???

I've upgraded to the latest build. Still crashing. I've gathered from my web investigations that this is a common problem. The anecdotal solutions range from graphics settings to mouse settings. PTC doesn’t seem to have a clue. Going to stick with 2001 until I get something useable.

Due to unexpected exits, corrupt workspaces and script erroes, I have logged 161 minutes of lost work I had to redo since the 14th of November. (Today is November 15)

The Crashes might be due to the fact that you are opening files from the older version. Most CAD softwares Pro/E included convert older files to the current version while opening because the file structure is different between 2001 and WF3. You may look into a program or pro-batch operation you can perform to upgrade your files to WF3 when you are not at work so when you open the files you can avoid crashes.

Another thing is that the First release of WF3 is bound to have problems like any other CAD systems initial release has.

The later release might have some or all of these fixed.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back