Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WF4.0 Install on a Windows 7- 64 bit system- HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

designdummy

Industrial
Aug 5, 2010
CA
Hello,
I am trying to install WF4.0 (datecode M010) on a new Windows 7 64 bit machine. A major issue...ProE won't run.
I have the licence pack installed and have gone through all install steps. When I try to run ProE from the desktop icon, or the Pro E .exe file, I get an error message as follows:
ERROR: Unable to launch ProEngineer because no valid configuration (.psf) files were found. Please run "ptcsetup" from you installation "bin" directory and create a PTC startup file. This is needed for ProEngineer to launch successfully.
I have done this, but get no results
My maintenance contract expired 3 years ago and do not have the money to reactivate it, so I'm stuck with this version.
Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me to get this up and running? Any help you can give is much appreciated.
Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is your Pro/E version for 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

Win7 does allow you to run a virtual XP machine that you may need to do in order to run WF4.

I found my WF4M100 CDs and they do not list Win7 on them, WF4M150 does.

Look in the <loadpoint>/bin folder for a .psf file or a .bat file. These would be created PTCSETUP.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for your response.

This version I am trying to install is a 32 bit. Date code M010 (if that helps)
I can run the XP virtual desktop but have read that it completely bogs down the system with graphicly intense programs (read ProE)
Both .psf and .bat files are present in the bin folder. I have tried to run these and nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Did you install WF4 in the default location: c:\Program Files(x86)\ptc? There have been isues with PTC products and spaces in the pathname. It may not like the parenthesis, either.
Try reinstaling it to c:\PTC. (You can just move the PTC folder up to the root level and then rerun PTCSETUP.)

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back