Not open for further replies.

monmon

Structural
Mar 16, 2001
EG
Hello, we are doing a research about photogrametry
can you help us?
what about :
the scientific definition of Photogrametry?
the types of projection?
areil photos and types of cameras?
the relief displacement?

And I will be thankful for you if you told me more and more about it

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

the scientific defenition of photogrametry is the science of
taking photoes from allthings like the surface of the earth
or from the objects near us for some purposes.
the aerial photoes are thats we take from the surface of the
earth and cameras that we use for this purpose can be named
(by the focal length)narrow,normal,wide&super wide angle cameras that each of them have their own use.
Realief displacement is dicplacemet of like the tower and the botoumn of a building .

Projects that Photogrametry can be used for is quit vaied. We use them mostly for gathering data for engineering projects. We are a county Highway Department so we need existing data on the placement and elevation of existing features along our roadway corridors.
We have also flown our whole county for our GIS. We obtained Ortho photos. photos that have been aligned to match ground coordinates, ArcInfo coverage’s and Autocad drawings. This project also ties into stream studies.
Our health department has had the county flown in false color infrared to study mosquitoes breeding areas. They have also used these photo to observe changes in vegetative health that signals leakage in underground tanks.

There may be some interesting and hopefully useful related information at the National Geodetic Survey (NGS) website, mostly regarding survey and the control points that the Survey maintains and into which most if not all photogrammetric work is tied. The National Geodetic Survey develops and maintains the National Spatial Reference System using advanced geodetic, photogrammetric, and remote sensing techniques. I recommend going to their web site and navigating around - i believe I have read writeups on projections and basic discussions of terms, including references to photogrametry. You could probably sit down and talk with someone in your county engineering office who would be pleased to show you examples of their work with photogrametric products. Have fun! It is quite interesting and has numerous applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back