Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What Career I Should Choose

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksandar81

Mechanical
Jul 2, 2014
BA
I graduated February 2011 with my BS degree in manufacturing engineering, since then I was working in surface engineering (thermal spray technology) and now I have the opportunity to work in small manufacturing company on sheet metal tool design or as CNC programmer. My problem is I don't know which one is more perspective for orienting my career when it comes for future job opportunities, salary...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

YMMV == Your mileage may vary

YOU are the biggest factor in determining your career orientation and future opportunities/salary. The biggest question is whether you are sufficiently interested in the work itself to do well. IF so, then your future opportunities/salary will be commensurate

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Need help writing a question or understanding a reply? forum1529

A general rule I would suggest is to go into something that REQUIRES the college education you have. Otherwise you are competing with less educated people who are willing to work for less and may in fact do the job as well as you can.

It wouldn't hurt to ask co-workers, HR or your senior managers what they suggest based on current salaries at your company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back