Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What causes all the errors and warnings on rebuild? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

difficultone

Industrial
Jan 16, 2010
US

Trying to understand more difficult assemblies and parts. After I do a rebuild for Body.SLDPRT I get the following errors:

Warning: Cockpit Cut Surface S1 The sketch is over defined.

Warning: Fillet Cockpit Edge for fillet/chamfer does not exist.

Warning: Face for fillet/chamfer does not exist.

Why when I open this part do I have no warnings at all but when I hit rebuild do I get the above warnings?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's just SolidQuirks being SolidQuirks. I get he same errors after rebuild. If you remove the symmetric relation in the sketch that feature resolves itself. Who knows why? If you edit the fillets without making any changes those resolve themselves, too. Sometimes these troubleshooting issues come up for apparently no reason, especially when you're dealing with a model that you didn't create.

Dan

Dan's Blog

I've been getting a LOT of this lately. I thought maybe that sort of thing was just me having fudged something up, but maybe not!

I'm working on something that's essentially symmetrical (two columns) but with a few subtle differences. I've mirrored one part to generate the second, and therefore have a config. called 'XYZmirror', where I can suppress/unsuppress as necessary. Sometimes when I make changes to the model - even in seemingly completely unrelated areas - I get a heap of errors... As mentioned above, sometimes clicking edit a part/feature then just accepting it without actually making a change cures it!

Is this more ASBO behaviour just to be expected from SW and something we have to put up with?

Mr Faster I have had the same problem with mirrored parts, especially the mirrored part, not the original.From what I have deduced, it's because the dimensions that are used to build the original part are moot with the mirrored part, when you dink arround with it. For,what I feel what are obvious reasons, When you re do the mirrored part, you screw up the original dimensions and get error messages.Try to re do the dimensions that are for building the mirrored part to reflect its actual placement in relation with the X,Y,Z Zero. Ie; the X dim is now a minus number, instead of a Plus in relation to the XYZ Zero.Radiuses some time erase the edge that was used to dimension a face or line.

ArtL - I sometimes think if I spend the rest of my life working with this program I won't know all its little intricacies! My issues are almost exclusively with the mirrored part as well. I fully understand your explanation (and I kinda know that really this is in some way a user-created issue than anything else!) and I'll try to roll out that practice in future.

Possibly with the benefit of hindsight, I would have been better to make two separate assemblies. Every day's a school day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back