Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What Ever Happened to RAPIDC? 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

inertia4u

Aerospace
Feb 9, 2001
US
I'm curious, I can't seem to find the FAA program Called
RAPIDC (Repair Assessment Procedure and Integrated Design - Commuter)? I've found numerous links only to PDF files talking about the program, but I can't seem to locate the actual program.

Anybody know where I can find it, or what happened to it?

-----
Nert

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sigmatau,
No DER's here, we're in Europe, EASALand. To do it ourselves we would need a DOA which costs a fortune to apply for and another fortune every 24 months to keep. We let the customers talk to Boeing and Airbus on their expense instead. It really isn't a problem, just want to do better and perhaps quicker.
Did you use the RAPIDC at all beyond testing?

I too would be interested in downloading a version, of RAPIDC, however, it no longer appears on Prost's downloads... Prost, would you be so kind as to provide the files again.

Thanks.

Randall Shelaga C.E.T.

Try again. Sorry, I mistakenly deleted it.

Let me know in this forum if you have a problem with
any of the files (perhaps there was a problem transferring files from my computer to the download site; if so, I can try to recopy the file(s) and see if that works).

I am curious: is anybody using RAPIDC?

Prost,
Thanks. I have downoaded the file. Many moons ago, when I was on the fleet support side of the house, we started working with RAPID, and if I remember correctly, my supervisor was involved in some of the meetings/working groups. Now that I am involved in airworthiness, I have lost track of what happened, but I am still interested in the app.

I think a grass roots movement to at least update material and fastener properties would be useful.

Now for another relic of days gone by...Virtual DER.

Thanks again.

Randall Shelaga C.E.T.

Didn't even know there was a transport version.
I have updated the fastener files for version 2 to some degree.
I suppose they will work for v 3 as well?
Regards
Dan

From my recollections, RAPID was the originally developed application, and was geared towards Transport Category aircraft. I believe TWIST was used in support of spectra generation. The app is not as all encompassing as RAPIDC, as development emphasis shifted from transport to commuter, because, 'thems the guys with the bucks" at the time. As for whether or not the data files will work, I don't recall the level of customisability (Canadian spelling eh! :) ), but it should work.

Randall Shelaga C.E.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back