Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is an MGPE system

Status
Not open for further replies.

temana

Marine/Ocean
Apr 23, 2001
NZ
Just wondering what an MGPE system is on a cruise ship? I'm guessing something like high pressure hydraulics? The pipe we have been asked to replaced on this sytem is 25mm schedule 80 - so I'm guessing it's a high pressure system of some kind, or could it be some kind of passive electrical hull corrosion protection? Any info appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

To: temana (Marine/Ocean)

First of all, I really like to scroll and search for "0 replies" and react as far as possible.
Even if it is not in 'Dredging'
For the simple fact that this Forum makes me learn so much more. (One for example was how little did I know about all the research and work to be done for (oil) platform risers).
Being on board, we just pass them on a safe distance.

You know that "four letter words" are often difficult to come by!
Here is yet another one: MGPE

As far as I could gather, this might be more to a safety awareness program set up like OSHA!
To avoid accidents (or technical problems) rather than a kind of ISO standard.

Try to investigate 'at source' and you will have THE ANSWER.

Hope not to let you remain in limbo and challenge others to react. (Don't take that LIMBO too strict, because HELL is also another 4-letter word!)

Cordial greetings;

Known100
(Marine Dredging)

Thankyou for that Andy.......that will be it. It also obviously explains the heavy wall thickness of the pipe. Again thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back