Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is HAZOP? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charly

Chemical
Jul 15, 1999
MX
Does anybody know where can I find a good tutorial on hazard an operability analisis (hazop)?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Charly:<br>
<br>
The "bible" on HaZAOP studies was developed by the <br>
American Institute of Chemical Engineers. Contact<br>
them to obtain a copy of "Guidelines For Hazard <br>
Evaluation Procedures", The Center For Chemical <br>
Process Safety, American Institute of Chemical<br>
Engineers, 1985.<br>
<br>
Milton Beychok<br>
(Visit me at

Hi Charly,<br>
<br>
HAZOP is an acronym for Hazards and Operability Analysis. The technique was pioneered in the UK (ICI in particular) in the '70s, and has been adopted worldwide as a standard methodology for assessing the hazards of a facility, generally a processing or production facility. This is commonly known as a Process Hazard Analysis (PHA).<br>
<br>
A HAZOP study is generally 'led' by a HAZOP Team Leader: someone who is qualified to lead these studies by nature of their training and experience. The rest of the study members may comprise process engineering, project engineering, maintenance, operations, inspection, safety, and environmental personnel familiar with the process under study.<br>
<br>
If you are interested in becoming qualified to lead HAZOPs, or other "Process Hazard Analysis" (PHA) studies, I suggest you check out AcuTech's training schedule for 1999/2000. There are PHA Team Leader courses in Canada & the US (which cover HAZOP in detail), as well as HAZOP-only Team Leader courses in Asia. It is posted on the website at Or I can send you a hard copy if you have trouble viewing this site for any reason.<br>
<br>
If it is qualified team leaders you are interested in, please contact me directly (lparchom@acutech-consulting.com), and we can discuss your requirements further.<br>
<br>
I hope this helps!<br>
<br>
Leslie Parchomchuk

hi<br>hazop is systematic study of hazrds in process.the process<br>divided to many system,then it will be study hazop.<br>the deviation from process parameters like flow,temperature and pressure are investigated.the possible of deviation , consequences and protection to be reviewed.<br>thanks a lot <br><A HREF="mailto:farshia@nioc-ripi.org">farshia@nioc-ripi.org</A> <p>amir farshi<br><a href=mailto:farshia@nioc-ripi.org, farshia@yahoo.com>farshia@nioc-ripi.org, farshia@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back