Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the best Economical HVAC Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aslam Ahmed

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2021
SA
What is the best Economical HVAC Equipment in high humid area (sea side) 70 to 80 % RH through out

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One that works for the least amount of money.

You need to define "best".

Lowest CAPEX
Lowest OPEX
Smallest size,
Required duty

etc etc.

An evaporative one won't work at those RH's so you're into some form of compressor and refridgerant sytem.

But are you cooling a small house or a large building?

There are vague questions and then there's yours...

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Mainly I am looking at starting a AC business for houses to start with. Main issue is the Electricity bill for the compressors
People need comfort but not spend that much. I would like to develop a product

Many live with just Fans on the ceiling because of cost constraints. I am looking for a best intermediate substitute between a Fan and a compressor/refrigerant system

As I frequently point out to clients, the cheapest cooling system is a block of ice and a fan.
What is the best choice for a particular building is frequently not the least expensive

What is comfort?

Heat?

Cold?

Less humidty?

I'm assuming you mean cooler conditions, but really there isn't much other than evaporative systems which really struggle when the humidity levels increase.

Other things like ground heat pumps / sinks are expensive to build, but can be very efficient.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

If starting a AC business, the first thing to do is to research what is available from the vast number of manufacturers around the world and what's available in your part of the world, followed by gaining some insight into that / how / when / why you apply what's available.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back