Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is The Best SW Textbook 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickVJ

Mechanical
Sep 26, 2006
US
I'm a newbe. I was in this forum months ago but stopped my SW training process. I have started up again with a more serious attitude. I'm a 14 year ACAD user and a 5 year Mechanical Desktop user and am picking this SW thing up pretty good but I need to do more. I finished the Applied Solidworks teaching book by L.Scott Hansen but it didn't cover all the SW functions, applications and icon descriptions, just the basics. I want a complete text that covers everything and I also want to know how to create a custom menu that I can put the icons of all of my favorite functions into.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Regards,
RickV

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for all the info. I just got home from the bookstore and couldn't find anything other than "Solidworks For Dummies" . It looked pretty good and actually has info on customizing so I bought it.

There was a book called "Inside Solidworks" and I turned it over to check the price - 89 bones - and I nearly dropped it on the floor. Needless to say it went back on the shelf instantaneously;)

RickV

Yes, do the tutorials and read through the Help Topics.

"Art without engineering is dreaming; Engineering without art is calculating."

Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back