Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the C++ CAA API corresponding to "Measure Between" toolbar action 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbandela

Computer
Aug 4, 2015
US
I am new to CATIA environment and need help on this issue:
I want to measure the distance between two points of a segment. One point is the bundle extremity and the other is a point defined in the geometrical set and lying on the segment.

I see that interactively we could do this through "Measure Between" toolbar action, but would like to know how we can compute this length through the CAA APIs.

Thanks,
Kiran

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On a related note, how do we find (through CATIA API) the length between two points on a curve segment. Please note that it is not minimum distance between which I require but the length of the segment between the two points along the cirve.

split the curve and measure it

you might have to play with the side of the split

you can check the distance from the split to the other point to know if you have the proper curve (distance should be 0)

split A = split curve with Pt1 if distance (split A, PtB) = 0 then good if not get other side of splitA
split B = split curve with Pt2 if distance (split B, PtA) = 0 then good if not get other side of splitB

measure splitB

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back