Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is the correct way to draw using Aluminum Extrusion stock? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavenlySolid

Electrical
Dec 1, 2005
PR
Most of the machine I work with uses Aluminum Extrusion for its frame. Let us say, for the sake of argument that I am using the 1.5 x 1.5 bar stock.

In my assemblies right now, I have to create many copies of this profile with only the length dimension being different.

I do this many copies so each part will appear in the BOM list. I know there must be a better way to work with Aluminum Extrusion stock.

Could anyone share some light as to how it should be done?

Do I need to create so many copies of the same file or not?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Blimey that is where I downloaded it from and it serves it purpose very well.

Thats great that 80-20 doesn't put the "dip" in the models. I know some of the other manufactures (Bosch) do for whatever reason. It drove me insane for a few days trying to figure out what the problem was. We started out by drawing our own profiles, leaving out all the "Garland Festoni" to make our files smaller. Then we started downloading the files to save time and we began getting errors when trying to mate to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back