Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What is the purpose of the semicircular rubber and the metal piece where is inserted ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My guess - you don't have the right part for an engine you are working on and found a part that looks like it fits, but this part doesn't look exactly like the old part. So now you don't know what to do. But you don't want to show any other mating parts, probably because you don't have them.

I have received different advices about that rubber

1. to reduce the noise. I really don't understand this feature. Because i don't see new pumps with this rubber....

I suspect they are different on different cars and that some cover comes into contact with that rubber part but not knowing what car this is from makes it a problem to be sure.

I don't care at all about the other pumps. They are not worth considering. Tell me about the cover you will install over this pump. That is what the rubber part is for. Or not. It seems more and more clear you don't have the correct parts.

"I don't see how to do in this forum."

That's because you can't unless 3DDave decides to publish his e-mail address for everyone to see....

And it's better to post the image.

AsusPortatil_-_06_12_2023__klbekw.png

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

It's the same picture of NOT THE COVER. But let me head to the basement and check to see if I have a Dacia Logan that I can take apart to see.

No. I do not have a Dacia Logan available.

My second guess is you work for a company that makes knock-off parts and need to know is that feature which will cost a bit to reproduce is worth adding or, if you don't customers won't notice. I see this a lot on a great car-repair channel I watch where the aftermarket parts companies miss critical details so the parts either don't fit or they don't allow proper mounting of neighboring parts.

I get the idea of unbridled curiosity. Why is the sky blue? Why do butterflies exist? Why is there a rubber part here?

What I also get is that engineers usually have some work that they need to accomplish that depends on knowing some piece of information and it certainly isn't clear what work is that requires knowing about this particular part.

I am an independent engineer. My own company.
I am investigating the possible cause of a repair matter. That all.
I wish to know, as I express what is the purpose of the rubber and the metal base. Nothing complicated if you know the answer.
And specially if this rubber and piece of metal are familiar to everyone. but this seems not familiar and many other water pumps don't have this rubber and support.

Sorry 3DDave. And thanks for your help.

Do you know the purpose of the rubber part and the protusion ?. If not exactly you know the purpose you can't help me. You said you have answered the question but I don't get it. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back