Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What is this EDITBLOCKATTRIBUTE command asking me for? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_m_

Electrical
Apr 18, 2018
GB
I am trying to automate the editing of title blocks by script. I have entered the following commands but I can't work out what the last step in this is asking for:
[tt]: -EDITBLOCKATTRIBUTE

Default: Yes
Confirm: Edit block attributes one at a time?
Specify Yes or No» Y

Default: *
Options: * to select all blocks or
Specify block(s)» 267,25

Options: * to select all attributes or
Specify attribute name(s)» REV

Options: * to select all attribute values or
Specify attribute value»[/tt]

I would have expected this to be the new value I want, in this case changing the value of REV to, say, 1. If I try to enter a number, draftsight recognises this as some sort of coordinate entry and starts to draw a selection box from the mouse pointer. If I enter text or *, it ends with:
[tt]
0 block attributes selected.[/tt]

Please can someone help explain what I need to enter here to proceed.

The above steps have been entered in the command window one at a time, with a view to getting the correct sequence of commands then creating a .scr file. I am using the free version of Draftsight so do not have the ability to record macros or use other languages, much as I would love to. I have found the history.txt file (stored in %appdata%) that does contain some more information than the command window but not much. Looking at the command window when completing the same steps via the GUI does not provide any information. I know this has been asked many times before, but does anyone have any manual or guide to the command line interface and syntax. It seems to be a quite a powerful but almost completely undocumented feature.
Note: I have also posted this on the offical draftsight community/forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back