Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What PC program to use for loading programs to CNC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrQA

Mechanical
Aug 30, 2005
US
We are using a Mazak Quick Turn 6G. The machine is currently outfitted with a PC that has QuickLink 2000 by Glass House Software. The software is not working and I'm wondering what other programs are out there for transferring programs from the CNC to the PC and back again. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We used a program from Griffo Brothers for our Mazak.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I just use Windows Hyperterminal typically installed in the Accessories folder. Not fancy, but works fine communicating with my Mitsubishi controlled mills. And it's free.

I use xpert dnc. Great program transfer and file managment. It has a lot of features that ive never used(email triggered fale transfer, auto transfer from queue, ect. Tech support is great.

Nick

We use a hand held Psion device. We load from the PC to the Psion and then walk to the machine and upload from the Psion to the CNC. The Psion parameters can be changed instantly, so we can comunicate with any control.
The Psion is no longer readily available but a Palm Pilot can do the same thing. The trickiest thing is getting the right plug adapters for your connecting cables. Once you get it all together it becomes very easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back