Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What software are you using??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrouperGenius

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2013
US
We have been using Merry Mech for years now, but their support is lacking. Just curious what others are using and if you are happy with it.

Thanks, Mark

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sigmanest is a good program but it is not what I would use for nesting, it’s not at all user friendly on the floor. We have some older Amada 3015 lasers and we use AP100 AlfaCam and it's way more friendly for the operators to fix issues on the fly. If I have a nest with 500 of the same part the post for Sigmanest is a mile long and impossible to get back on track if you have to stop it. AlfaCam has a G98 line the defines the macro and will post the cut for a single part not all 500 and keep cutting it as long as the G98 line tells it to. I’ve been doing this for over 20 years, I would run the lasers along with fixing all the mechanical issues and do all the programming.

We have been using PEP 2014 for our Mitsubishi LXP. I'm still learning it but it seems very intuitive. In times past I have used Lantek and had zero complaints.

jjl1210,
I wanted to follow up here. I just saw your post.
SigmaNEST does have G98 support for your Amada Lasers.
If you would like to contact me, I can get you the support to get it set up.
You can PM me here or just email me at work. kevink (AT) sigmanest (DOT) com
Regards,
Kevin Keane
SigmaNEST Product Manager: Toolpathing, Machine Motion, Post Processing
SigmaTEK Systems

Autocad for editing
Dr Abe for nesting

Merrill101 how do you like Dr Abe? Ive used it for 8 years now and its still slow and glitches a ton. Do you ever have issues?

We use Autocad, Production Designer and Dr Abe for our Amada laser. It seems a long method of importing a drawing into Production Designer to make it a part (choosing thickness) and then adding it to the nesting software.

we use Dr. Abe Blank and I have to personally fix every nest it produces. Dr Abe Blank will crash our laser if we use its auto nest feature almost every time.

hi, just reading the thread, to think of it, I'm using fabriwin, and its only compatible with win XP, but I want to upgrade my OS, is there's anyway to make them compatible? just to add, way back 2002 I'm using AP100 alphacam too, and yes, its easier to use and friendly user too.

GrouperGenius, What laser are you programming? I use a program, CAM2000s, that is easy to use and feature rich like drag n drop file import (dxf/dwg) and includes autonest. The support is top notch as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back