Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What version of VB.NET is compatiable with NX6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadmantools

Mechanical
Apr 16, 2009
US
What visual studio version for VB.NET is comopatiable with NX6 and what necessary to execute it?

NX6.0.5.3 mp07, Windows XP 64-bit,Team Center 8.1
Running cad straight out of the box is OK but, a system tuned with application software is the best way to increase productivity.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

NX documentation states that Visual Studio 2005 Professional with Service Pack 1 is required to work with NX6.

I am using Visual Studio 2010, without any problems, and I know others using VS2008. I recommend that you run the .Net Framework 2.0 when creating applications regardless of what version of Visual Studio you are running.

You can not create anything in Visual Studio that has multiple .vb code files, executables, or .dll libraries without the NX .NET Author license. It is easier to code journals in VS though.

I hope this answers your question.

sumBuddy (Mechanical)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I would like to change the world, but I can't find the source code."

Thanks for the reply sumBuddy. I thought the Visual Studio 2010 user Framework 4.0. Do you know if there is any problems with that version?

NX6.0.5.3 mp07, Windows XP 64-bit,Team Center 8.1
Running cad straight out of the box is OK but, a system tuned with application software is the best way to increase productivity.

Here is the exact wording from NX6 Documentation:

"Creating NX Open for .NET executables and .DLLs requires that you have the following installed:

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005 SP1
The Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0, which comes with Visual Studio."

Now I am currently using Visual Studio 2010 with success, but also only using Framework 2.0. You can change the setting in Visual Studio so that a project uses a legacy Framework. You can do this by going to your project's properties -> Compile Tab -> Advanced Compile Options...

Hope this answers your question.

sumBuddy (Mechanical)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I would like to change the world, but I can't find the source code."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back