Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What would it take if you wanted to design a material that was flexi,

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturesally

Structural
Aug 10, 2007
US
I'm starting my own environmental firm, Nature's Ally I would like some ideas from you the engineers in the work force what would you do to help stop Global warming, honestly? What type of inventions, or type of contributing factors could give this planet to also better our lives.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There have been many threads that stray into this area.

thread730-191963

thread730-168692

Perhaps my favorite

thread730-168163

Changing battery packs, genius.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

LOL, JAE, you beat me to it!!

Surely the temperature is not absolutely constant over time, regardless of what humans do. By definition, then, there will be intervals during which it'll naturally go up (or else decrease forever.). How do we know we're not in one of those?

I'd maximize my energy efficiency by posting in the most logical forum... perhaps "Civil/Environmental Engineering Other Topics"

Wow,

And people questioned this post

thread731-194341

None the less I nearly responded similarly, that's why I just put the links!

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

Of course global warming exists!!! The UK government now has it as the favourite topic, and christ i'm sick of the "carbon footprint" slogo. And if you want to do any research now, just make sure you have some sort of "environmental" aspect in it and the money will come rollin in.
Of course it exists, the government just wouldnt get anything wrong deliberatley..............

Drill deep shafts in the ground, install piping, build big heat exchangers above ground. During winter time, use cold winter air to chill all the rock, then use the cold rock for AC next summer. Have another "Hot Field" a mile or so over to do the reverse winter heating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back