Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What you see is not what you get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameronke

Mechanical
Oct 3, 2002
GB
When selecting in 3D space, usually using a gourand, edges on view, I can never select the object that I see most prominately i.e. the one closest to me in 3D space. I always pick something hidden behind it. Is there a setting that will give the nearest object priority?

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are talking about AutoCAD, then if you hit CTRL while selecting, it should cycle through the overlying elements of your pick point.

BU

Thanks for the ideas! I will try the CTRL and see what happens Borgunit.

Saraycad, I am using the Gourand, lines on setting which is a running, rendered image. Would this be the same as the hide mode that you suggest. I cannot see what i actually pick. It is a bit like trying to lift a book off your desk but ending selecting your shoes (or anything else) under the desk!

I have had similar problems in the past when picking objects on non-rendered views. Eventually I realised it was due to insufficient memory on the graphics card or the system RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back