Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

What'is the diffrence betwen 20Mn6 and 20 Mn6V steel grades 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanislasdz

Materials
Jan 20, 2007
FR
1- what is in fact the of the Vandium in the 20Mn6v. Obviously it will increase the mechanical proprieties but how and how much

2 - What is the right composition of the vandium can we use ?

3- What is the difference bettwen the heat Treatment of theses two kind of steel casting ?

Thanks for your answers

Stan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For wrought applications the V concentration is usually 0.08-0.20 % by mass. See DIN EN 10267 as an example. The steels are usually cooled using controlled temperature practice from forging (usually ~ 1200 C), meaning that they are cooled faster than normal air cooling by means of fans, water mist sprays, etc. Vanadium carbonitride begins to precipitate at ~ 950 C, and is complete once the austenite to ferrite transition is reached. This precipitation increases the strength and hardness.

Wanadium give opportunities to have fine gralinsize. It impruve elongation avd impact strength. If you dont make normalising rolling, you need normalising threatment.
You can use ferrovanadiun 80%.

If the cooling rate is properly controlled during the casting process, you would not need to perform a separate heat treatment. However, if the cooling rate is not controlled, if the section size is so great that there exist large thermal gradients, etc., then you should normalize after casting.

Sorry !

I would say can any one send me more informations about this included in this paper not send me this paper for free..

Sorry again..

Be careful with German steel designations.
There is a big difference between 20Mn6V and 20MnV6. The V after the grade designation indicates that the steel is quenched and tempered and does not have an intentional vanadium addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back