Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's your most desired enhancement? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilasH

Dec 19, 2006
US
If you could add one functionality to SolidWorks, what would you do? Maybe it's something that's incorporated in an add-in like SolidMap, but you'd like to see fully integrated. The majority of my work isn't creating designs (or if so, they usually aren't complex), but presenting them, at first with PhotoWorks, and now with Animator some. It really, really bothers me that Animator can't do transparency with PhotoWorks materials. Maybe if I understood the intricacies of the rendering process, there's some reason why it can't be done, but as it is, it just bothers me. What really gets under your skin?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have turned on the “Bind ownership to SolidWorks read-write / read-only access”.
We also have “Set filesystem read-only attribute if not owner”.
The warning does show up about the file is older that the one in PDM. The users still just overwrite the file.

Bradley
SolidWorks Professional x64 2007 SP3.0
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
3.00 GHz, 3.93 GB of RAM
Virtual memory 12577 MB
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400

Chris,
They have been trained over and over and over. We are not allowed to slap the workers anymore. Not like the old days, when we could fire employees easier.

Bradley
SolidWorks Professional x64 2007 SP3.0
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
3.00 GHz, 3.93 GB of RAM
Virtual memory 12577 MB
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400

I used to be admin at another company. I trained everyone on PDMW. The problem you are having was the same I dealt with. I had weakly training mtgs until they got it. Some refused and went on their merry way. I locked them out until they learnded it. ;)
Management backed me 100%.

Chris
SolidWorks 07 3.0/PDMWorks 07
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 03-13-07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back