Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

What's your take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am sure there is soon gonna be a battle of words in this forum, once the women learn that they score low in 'things' management (engineering).

As for me, I am still working on the rotational tests.

Cheers.

Another PHD Thesis published for some doctoral candidate. People may have an aptitude for engineering and not go into the field (and likely vice versa in some opinions). It is a bit of a stretch in my view to state that there is a genetic pre-disposition involved. Should that be the case, can you imagine the criminal appeals using the argument that genetics is at fault and not the individual?

Regards,

“Autism is probably genetic condition in which a person is dis-associated from the reality around them.

Autism is a neurological developmental disability that results in limited cognitive abilities: the autistic individual is limited in ability to learn inductively from surrounding events. Social interactions and many kinds of conceptual learning can be strongly limited. At the same time, the autistic individual may be outstandingly good at some kinds of mental manipulations, such as, for example, arithmetical calculations.

Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton were geniuses but British scientists believe they may have suffered from Asperger syndrome -- a form of autism.

The condition, first described by Viennese physician Hans Asperger in 1944, is a disorder that causes deficiencies in social and communication skills and obsessive interests.

But it does not affect learning or intellect and many people with, AS have exceptional talents or skills.”

There are good engineers in the right place doing good engineering. By the other side there are bad engineers in good jobs with high salaries only with the degree of engineer doing nothing. I suppose the first ones are the autists.

Women are clever than men because.

Men are always arguing where to vote, and trying to solve the philosophical problems of existence while women decide what men would dress, when to buy a new car or a new house and even deciding when to have a new child.

Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back