Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When failed features won't regenerate

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldymar

Mechanical
Feb 26, 2014
US
So,

I have a feature tree filled with red-lettered features. All that is required to restore the feature is to edit the definition and immediately accept. The feature will be repaired without any changes made. So my question: is there anything that will save me from repeating this arduous procedure for my entire tree? The control+G command does nothing.

Possibly related: The regeneration manager lists features as failed that look completely fine otherwise.

Thanks all. I have faith that you are smarter than I!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is/are the features that are failing originally? And does one feature cause many others to fail after which the rest are repaired? Or must you individually repair each feature every time?

Have you tried using the model player?

Sounds like you have some common reference that Pro/E is automatically updating when you do the redefine.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

When I'm modifying early features of a long model tree, I move the "Insert Here" icon directly below, or near that feature, or supressing the rest of the tree. That way if I get any redefine conflicts, I can take it one item at a time, and know sooner by looking at the tree, where the conflict is.

It's probably a lost reference that the Sketcher is able to find a substitute for. Check the Sketcher entities carefully to see the constraints to see what's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back