Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When I extrude why can't I use draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miyamoto12

Aerospace
Feb 12, 2016
US
I'm just extruding a rectangle from curves I made. Draft menu everything is greyed out. Must they all lie on one plane? I don't see anywhere the requirements before draft can be used while you extrude. NX 9. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The requirement is in the dialog where you indicate the start of the draft. If the curves do not lie in one plane, from where would the draft begin?

Tim Flater
NX Designer
NX 9.0.3.4 Win7 Pro x64 SP1
Intel Xeon 2.53 GHz 6GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2GB

Click on the "gear" icon in the upper left corner of the extrude dialog box and choose the "more" option and/or the "show collapsed groups" option. This should show the "draft" and "offset" sections of the dialog.

Irzuniga said:
Click on the "gear" icon in the upper left corner of the extrude dialog box and choose the "more" option and/or the "show collapsed groups" option. This should show the "draft" and "offset" sections of the dialog.

This is a different problem. He can see the options, but can't use them because not all the curves lie on the same plane.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back