Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

When I should use average stress values or Maximum stress values in a model

Status
Not open for further replies.

mekafime

Mechanical
Aug 14, 2015
PE
Hi,
I have a plot of stress values in a model but the results are different in average and maximum...

Ansys_15_s8vl96.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

By maximum I assume you mean the unaveraged element stresses? By average, I assume you're referring to the element mean stresses?

Unfortunately, I think you need to provide more information on what it is you're trying to analyse and what your exact question is before anyone can help you.

Hi,
In my model I have the next plot Stress-Strain
the curve of maximum values isn't constant
The material of my model is elong 23% then I must choice 660 MPa about the plot curve, but the section curve has a variation between 600 - 700 MPa,
How can I choose the most accurate result? If I see the average stress results curve, I could easily choose the stress at 23% strain. (Maybe I thought Can smooth curve? o to improve el model ..)
Ansys_17_e6pbti.png

You still haven't provided an answer on what it is you're trying to model, or what you mean by maximum or average stress, or where you're extracting the stresses from. Right now all you're presenting is data with no context.

Hi Im so sorry
I m modeling a k joint tubular , use simmetry for model , and I need to analyze the plot stress-strain (elong to break 23%) then I will try comprobate displacement with standards.

Ansys_18_isn13z.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back