Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where are the values of the Fluid Properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schurl

Automotive
Aug 12, 2002
AT
Hello everybody!

I want to compute one CFD-Problem with Ansys and StarCD to compare the results. So i have to know, what the Fluid Properties of AIR-SI in ansys are or where i can change them. Both programs must use the same values for i.e. density or viscosity.

The Help-function of ansys makes me dizzy.

Thanks in advance,
Georg Seewald

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Accoding to Flotran Laminar analysis of air the following numbers/units are used for air;

Air density: 1.205 kg/m3
Air viscosity: 1.8135e-5 kg/m-s

They can be changed in:

Solution>Flotran setup>Fluid Properties>
okay for all constant then change density and viscosity

just in case:

be aware that IF properties are set to vary with temperature (e.g. with thermal solution activated besides flow solution - for observation of heat transfer from/to walls and supersonic flows) FLOTRAN uttilizes variable properties as a function of the temperature for actual viscosity, density. In addition if compressibel solution is activated too, actual pressure influence on properties is considered too, i.e. in these cases properties taken from AIR-SI are not constant. Similar should apply with evtl StarCD property database values

Cheers, Frank
IFE BONN Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back