Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where buy/order personalized engineering pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smullenpe

Structural
Apr 29, 2005
US
I know this doesn't fit into an engineering question but I just went solo and wanted to have my own name on the computation pad rather than continue using my former company's pads.

Any helpful links or phone numbers will be very helpful. I've google for an hour without any results. And I tried various phrases such as engineering pads, engineering paper pads, quadrille engineering pad....

Thank you in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This has become a personal mission for me because I find that I am nearly paralyzed using the stupid green pads now that I am back in school. It is astounding to me that nobody makes a standard form with 3/4" thick line spacing and 4 squared / 3/4" allowing sketching to scale at 3/8", 3/4", 1.5", or 3"=1'-0" without a scale. There are still a lot of us that work in Christian Units but I could not find such a pad.

Contact Linda Berry [lberry@sbforms.net]
Service Business Forms - 615-242-FORM

I just ordered 1000 from them with a CORRECT grid and it cost me somewhere around $150 which I don't think is too bad. They charge a minimal amount to modify the title block, etc.

Tell her that Brad Davis gave her number -- maybe I'll get a discount on my next order!!

DBD

DBD

Is there a suppliers name on the ones you have from your old company?
They're likely tob be local and willing to do the job.
Try googling words related to stationary rather than engineering pads. It's stationary suppliers who'll provide you with what you want.

"Is there a suppliers name on the ones you have from your old company?
They're likely tob be local and willing to do the job.
Try googling words related to stationary rather than engineering pads. It's stationary suppliers who'll provide you with what you want."

That's where I got the contact that I listed...

Any stationary company or decent printting company should be able to assist you.

[green]"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."[/green]
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943.
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Thank you all for trying to help. The engineering pads I have from my former company does not have any other marking other than a company name. Just like the engineering pad used when I was in school.

I'll call the place that DBDavis recommanded. Thanks once again.

My company doesn't buy pads. We use a border drawn in ACAD put in any grid lines wanted on half-tones so they don't print too thick. It's not very fancy nor impressive but it doesn't cost much either, and you don't have to do an intensive search to find it. When you run out you print more.

UcfSE

well said, I do the same. With acad you can do it in any format, scaling, shading you like.

I also have a couple done up in excel (not quite as good, but obviously doesn't require the cost of acad).

and great prices - the cost of paper & toner - about 3 cents per sheet or so.

DRW

Thank you Lutfi. That's what I was looking for. I think this forum are great where one engineer help another. Thanks all for your input as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back