Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where can I ask questions about NXOpen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholaskj

Industrial
Jul 17, 2008
CN

It seems only a little peopel know it.

But,in company,I always have problems about NXOpen.

So where or which forum can I ask questions about NXOpen?

Thanks a lot.

Nicholas (Kun Jiang)
Phd Candidate,SJTU.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

They are free, but they are not open to the general public, only to registered users of Siemens PLM Software products. And in each case you must register and set-up an ID and password.

To get access to the Siemens PLM BBS you need to contact GTAC and they will set up a WebKey account and help you with your password and get you going. There'e more details at:

For the PLM World message board, go to:

Anyway, good luck...

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
NX Design
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Cypress, CA

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

NX-Open is a big product and not shinking by any all indications. You can ask questions anywhere you like, but where you can get GOOD answers depends on what the questions are. So if it is about grip then here or the UGS BBS would be about the only two places to find anyone who have the vaguest idea about what it is. For other languages you need the programming skills in those languages to help you get into the task of creating good programs.

Of all the flavors of NX-Open I would focus on the Visual Basic version myself and the question I'd put is where to get some sample programs that I can learn from. In that regard I'm in pretty much the same boat as yourself. So I just wanted to post perhaps reminding the older users of a once splendid thing called the grip program library that used to be distributed with UG in days gone by. I'd appeal for a revival of this in the form of an NX-Open program library, enhanced perhaps if people could post some collection of examples here. The original grip library was drawn from contributors not solely created by the software company (McD, owned UG around about that time).

Cheers

Hudson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back