Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Where can I obtain a good process plant cost data for estimating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For which part of the world?
What kind of process plant are we speaking about? What type of equiment, for what pressure rating, level of automation, etc. ?
What are the products to be obtained from this process plant?
Define the level of accuracy you require.

There are so many questions you need to clarify before you could get a decent answer. You really do need to come back with more details.

vlad

Nowhere. You can get adequately accurate information like this from no one source. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the closest you're going to get these days is an expensive Aspen add-on like Icarus, and that's not going to get you too close either.

seems to be dead, which is no big loss because their estimates were crap in our experience anyway.

Without knowing area-specific information and cost data, every attempt you make is going to be a wild guess. If this is for project economics assessment purposes, I'd look for hiring an EPCC company with experience in turnkey refinery projects to do the estimation.

I tried to see what is available on the internet and there is one document dating from 2006 and related to cost estimation of a 120,000 BPD condensate refinery located in Iran:
However, as others have pointed out, one should be very cautious when interpreting any cost estimation results, unless they are based on actual (executed) projects.

Dejan IVANOVIC
Process Engineer, MSChE

You could also use QUE$TOR, however that would give you a very rough estimation.
Cost estimation requires experience and a very good understanding of what you base the estimation on.

Cheers,
Vlad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back