Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where is the Geographic location dialogue box? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danieldoral

Structural
Aug 11, 2002
AU
Hey all ..

Wow haven't posted a question here in a while ..

However this problem is annoying the hell out of me.

Im using ACAD 2002 on winxp sp2.

I have a 3D model set up and now i want to view some shadows and how the shadows might cast at different times of the day. Saw in help that i can set the Geographic location so that the sun angle will be correct.

However and i don't know if this is a fault with my ACAD version or if i have somehow turned some options off, but, i can't seem to find the Geographic location Dialogue Box anywhere. When i type in the light command, i get a box with two columns 'lights' and 'ambient light', when in the help it says i should be able to specify the city, latitude longtitude, map etc ...

where has the dialogue box gone?

cheers and many thanks
Daniel Dorall

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

heya ...

Thanks for the reply .. but .. er .. i do know how to get the light command and its dialogue box. However the question is about how to get the Geographic location Dialogue Box.

Anyone knows?

cheers
Dan

I have Autocad 2004 so I don't know if this also works in 2002. In the Lights dialog box you should select "distant" in the drop down list next to the "New" button. This will activate the New Distant Light dialog box where you can set the geographical location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back