Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

where should open body should be??

Status
Not open for further replies.

soy

Aerospace
Nov 13, 2002
US
Greeting everyon,

I was kind of wondering if the "open Body" folder on the tree should be under the Part or Partbody. They both work okay and I do not have any proble in the drawing but could they make any difference to put them under the PartBody or Part on the tree.

what I learn so far within a year of selflearning is keep one partbody for one part. This way it makes the whole structure tree simple and easy to find and fix.

but due to the lack material to learn of for the GSD workbench I could not find any difference on Open_body folder.

I hope this question will also benifit me and other people who is working hard to learn Catia.

happy drafting everyon.

soy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Part body all solids and the sketches that they are made of is placed. In the Open body all surfaces, lines, points, curves is placed. You can add many Part bodies and use boolean operations between them. Good when creating casted products when you make the outer shape in one Part body and the inner shape in an other Part body. When ready you subtract the inner from the outer.

You can create many Open bodies as well, this gives you the possibillity to build trees that are really easy to understand. There are no benefits trying to put an Open body in an Part body.

Hi Akesson
Thank you for the info. So I guess it is better off leaving the open_body in Part tree instead of pleacing it under Part_body tree.
I remember in the past that I have created an open_body for each body tree (folder) for clear notification on the parts information and it kind of screw me up. Maybe it was my fault but when I went back to the drawing for modification. I had a real big problem with it.

Again thanks for replying for my question
Happy drafting
soy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back