Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to find Eurocodes References

Status
Not open for further replies.

struggle66

Civil/Environmental
Jul 5, 2013
SG
Hi,

Do you guys happen to know that where I can find reference or clause or section in Eurocodes for the items below?

(1)Table for moment distribution between column strip and middle strip

(2)Factor for Pattern Live Load (100%? Pattern Live Load?)

(3)Moment & shear distribution for slab supported on four edges, three edges etc..

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Eurocodes aren't very prescriptive about the issues you mentioned, giving a lot of freedom to the designer. Usually there's country specific additional technical information that isn't part of the Eurocode itself.

Now in detail:
(1) - EN1992-1-1 Annex I - Analysis of flat slabs and shear walls. Table I.1 gives some ranges of possible moment apportionement between column and middle strips. The Concrete Society report TR64 - Guide to the design & construction of reinforced concrete flat slabs gives additional information

(2) - I don't know of any particular specification. There's the possibility of some reduction of the live load related to the size of the loaded area and to the number of storeys when calculating forces in columns but regarding pattern live loading, usually all the possible live load arrangements (considering fully loaded and unloaded) are checked.

(3)- I don't know of any simplified rules for the calculation of bending moments and shear. The structural analysis of the elements is normally left to the designer.

There's a lot of online information on the application of the Eurocodes. You might want to start by checking the following publications:
Worked examples
Commentary to EC2

Hi avscorreia,

Thanks

(2) I've found where to find area based live load reduction in Eurocodes. Lately I got this feeling that full pattern live load for alternate span loading case is too conservative. Hoping I can find something in Eurocodes which could give me freedom as you have said. :)

Thanks for Links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back