Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Where to get info on changes from NX6 to NX7.5 (CAM mostly) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodwood

Automotive
Feb 29, 2012
GB
Hi all,

I currently use NX6 (mostly for CAM but a little modelling and drafting) but will soon be starting a new job where they use NX7.5. I'm sure I'll be getting some training or guidance on what the differences are when I start but I was hoping to do a bit of homework before then.
Does anyone know if there is any info anywhere giving an overview or maybe some tutorials etc. of what is different?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are of course Siemens Upgrade training classes,
else all NX versions come with a "Whats new in NXx" ( Whats new Guide) guide that can be found under Help in NX. It generally covers the enhancements in this specific release. ( not what happened in say NX2)
Since you go NX6- NX7.5 all enhancements will be visible since the 7.5 guide also covers 7.0, in case you would have upgraded NX4 to NX8 or similar, all older "Whats new in NXx" guides can be read/ downloaded from
See the link "Documentation".
But be prepared, there are far more things happening in each release than you expect :)
Regards,
Tomas

Hi Tomas,

I'm sure they'll put me on a Siemens Upgrade course if it's needed.
I've used the What's New Guide before and that's the sort of thing I was after.
Unfortunately I wont be able to look at that until I get to the new company and I was hoping to get a headstart on it!
Where I am at the moment is no longer on maintenance so I can't access the docs on the support website either so I was wondering if this info was viewable anywhere else on the web, or if someone could email it to me.
I know what you mean about there being more changes than you realise but hopefully it wont be as bad as when we went from UG18 to NX2!

Thanks.

I would assume that you can find a pdf copy of the guide somewhere on the internet. Universities and similar tend to have that kind of material available. I assume that you shouldn't have "legal" problems since you are a legal user.

if you have a Webkey account, you should be able to obtain the What's New guides from the documentation section.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You don't need to be on maintenance to access some of the information in there.
If you have a webkey account go ahead and try it.
You may even be able to obtain a Webkey account with your current sold-to information.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

I'm in the same boat: Stuck at NX6. Employer stopped maintenance end of last year(but are installing a multi-million dollar gantry to do landing gear beams and pylons...) go figure. Pretty much locked out with out a "valid" webkey account. I too will be moving on from this situation. This will be my second job change do to lack of software support from the employer.

Btw, check out Youtube for demos and tutorials as well. There's a few good ones out there.

--
Bill

Of course the What's New Guides are the official documents.
If you are a member of PLM World, you can also download the CAM presentations from 2010. There were many what's new in 7.5 presentations there.

Mark Rief
Product Manager
Siemens PLM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back