Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Where would you like to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knoxij

Electrical
Jun 9, 2005
US
If you had nothing tying you down and could move anywhere in the United States to work, where do you think you would like to live/work?

I've seen some lists of the "Top 10 Places to Live in America" and things of that nature, but I wanted to see some opinions from people actually living in various areas across the country/world.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does anyone remember the TV show "Route 66" with Martin Milner, George Maharis and Glenn Corbett? And that fantastic Corvette('58 I believe). Years later I drove the whole thing from Chicago to L.A. but cheaated a little on the Interstate because of road repairs.

Camden, NJ, no contest. Recently voted the most dangerous city in America. The variety of crime and governmental corruption is absolutely breathtaking. Combined with the traffic nightmare resulting from the intersections of I-96, I-76, the NJ turnpike and related offshoots make this part of the world the perfect comparator for other places.
Regards,
RLS

[machinegun] Lovely Camden NJ! You forgot that their brag to fame is the fact that they have the best heroine in the US! I recently had to work there for a couple of weeks, I really enjoyed the fact that there was no toll to enter but you had to pay a toll to leave. I guess Philly is trying to reduce migration [bigsmile]

Foada,

There is a similar situation on the Severn crossing into Wales. Enter England for free, pay to get out. You figure it out...

----------------------------------

If we learn from our mistakes,
I'm getting a great education!

Lostsailor:

No! Say it isn't so! We all think that Memphis, TN has the worst crime, the worst drivers, and the most corrupt politicians.

For the USA: Willoughby Ohio! For North America: Vancouver British Columbia but, now, seriously, I would rather be/retire to Hua Hin Thailand or a small village in England (if I could afford it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back