Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

which is better API 650 edition 1998, 2007 or 2012?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PogingLamig1

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2015
PH
Guys I'am a new construction engineer.

I need some advise for me to easily understand what is storage tank is all about.
Which is better to read and to follow as of now?

Thank a lot in Advance guys ..

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Normally, the newest API code would be used.
Be aware, the API tank standards are not intended as textbooks to introduce you to tank construction.

JStephen

Thank you for your time to answer my query.

Did you mean that API are not related to my current work?
But i want it to study for my future references.
Honestly speaking this is my first time in this industry.

Thanks again

What he means is that API standards (and other standards) give information specific to the scope of each standard, but there is background information that is not covered, so if you're reading such standards as introductory textbooks without knowing that background information, you could come to incorrect conclusions.

For you to know more on storage tank,locate a text book for a better introduction,applications and many more.
if you have concern about designs,erections and perhaps inspection,you can use API 650,and you can also refer to AWWA codes for water storage tank.cheers,b.lawn

I didn't notice that you're actually asking which edition is better to use or read.
I recommend that you use the latest or current edition,because there are some addendum and revisions from the past one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back