Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which materials are best replacement for phenolic cotton- Canevasit 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtsfxxg

Industrial
May 25, 2001
SK
Helo all
We are using phenolic cotton tubes for making of bearing cages for precise spindle bearings. Material designation is CANEVASITE FF 5964 from VonRoll. Are somebody some experiences about use similar materials exactly for this purpose from different suppliers?
than you all

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

xxtsfxxg
Do you want different makers of the same material such as Tufnol or are you looking a different type of material you can substitute?
B.E.

Firstly I am looking for cheaper substitution of same type material from different supplier
Secondly- if there is some experiences with other materials suitable for CNC machining-except aluminium bronze, brass or aluminium(we are use them curently) with similar performance properties as phenolic cotton e.g. some glass reinforced plastic or carborn fibre composites.
thank you all

I do not think xxtsfxxg is in the USA. The first company who's products he mentioned using, is headquartered in Switzerland.
The Tufnol Brand, I mentioned in my response to him, is Manufactured in the UK. There is a chinese manufacturer Nova industries Ltd. and I am sure a Google search will produce at least 4 or 5 other manufacturers.
B.E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back