Which software is best for structural analysis and design? 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garry Taylor

Civil/Environmental
Oct 14, 2022
IN
Hello Guys, 

Which software is best for structural analysis and design? Tell me, please. 

I'd appreciate hearing your opinions.

Gurukul Of Civil Engineers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Garry, you asked this identical question a few weeks ago, never responded to it, and deleted it. You've repeated this several times with other vague, extremely general questions. What is your purpose on this site?

Total spammer or software developer polling the industry. Never responds to questions or responses, asks same questions, only asks "which software is better" type of questions.

Apparently their purpose is:

"Our mission is to provide professionally trained Civil Engineers for all type of civil engineering services. Increase the supply of efficient & highly skilled Civil Engineers and serve the Civil Engineering Community."

I can't wait to learn how to do BIM using Staad.pro and structural analysis in Revit (I'm gonna ignore that Robot exists).

There have been many discussions of different structural software over the years. I suggest you look back on those threads. Generally, there are a ton of factors that depend on YOU.

1) What kind of analysis do you need to do.
2) What type of design do you do.
3) Where are your projects. Some software are more geared towards different areas.

what ? you don't have a DOS emulator (like DOSbox) so you can play your old (but good) games ?

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

Minecraft is at least a weekly thing with my 6 year old - he can't get enough of it. I played Space Engineers in Beta, but haven't touched it in years. It was a lot of fun, and I'm sure it's matured nicely.

I should, and download an old Oregon Trail game...man...I'd be too busy dying of dysentery to get any work done...

phameng said:
I should download an old Oregon Trail game...man...I'd be too busy dying of dysentery to get any work done...
There is a board game for Oregon Trail that is ridiculously hard.
Oregon_Trail_n1somw.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back