Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Which software to use for scheduling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Which software to use for scheduling?

Qualificatons

1) Appropriate for scheduling jobs in a machine shop.
2) Relatively easy to use
3) Relatively inexpensive (I looked at Esti-Track from Henning; wow - $7000 is way too much!)
4) Ability to see schedule graphically by Bar or Gannt charts.
5) Used by many companies. This says two things: the sotware and its maker will probably be around for years, and it is a decent product because it has captured a good market share.

Thanks for any help! -- wcarey

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have never had to use any of these but you can check these out:

If on the other hand you need to do job scheduling for maintenance personnel and keep reconds of your equipment and all of that sort of stuff then I would recommend you look at Datastream's product called MP2. We used it at a facility in which I worked and they are pretty good with their service. You can see them at:

Hope this can help you out in some way and you have a GREAT day.

We use a product called DBA that is used by many companies and is relatively cheap. Like any such system, it takes some time to setup and learn how to use it effectively.

They advertise that they are #1 in software for manufacturing and job shops and a single user system is less than $500. The software can also support multiple users over a network. Tell them who sent you if you buy! Dave Butcher
President
B Machine Products
Parkersburg, WV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back