Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Who is the EOR involving the drawings associated with API 620 tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcrobert

Industrial
Jun 24, 2010
US
In the title block of the tank drawing it states the engineer that:
Drawn By: MG
Checked By: LPJ
Approved By: KPS
Which of these persons is considered the EOR?

Appreciate your comments,
RobertP

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Likely the name is in the contract, not on the print unless it is sealed.
The EOR would be the designer most likely.
But unless this was designed under a contract for a specific application there may be no EOR as the term is commonly used.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Quite possibly none of them.
The EOR may be the owner's consultant who prepared general drawings for a building/fire permits.
Or may be undefined.
The actual tank designer may be doing delegated engineering or may be EOR as well.
The initials there relate to internal tracking and approvals, not to assumption of responsibility for the work done, and all three initials may be those of various draftsmen.

No it is not stamped by a PE and the Design Data drawing specification block states Specification "Stamping No".

Thank you for the clarification about the EOR.

As a subcontractor fabricator I was wondering if I need a variance on a requirement in API 620 should I go to the the draftsperson on the drawing?
Robert

My initials do not appear on drawings that go to customers. We have an in-house system where I would document my approval, when needed.

I would contact the company and try to talk to the "approved by" initials. If that person is in a position to release the drawing I would think they should know how to contact the EOR about your variance request.

Geoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back