Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Who manufactures air tanks for heavy truck brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostjunkie

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2007
US
I need to get some 40L and 5L air tanks for some lab testing. I am having a difficult time finding tanks in metric volumes. Air brake tanks will handle the 10 bar I need to test at. Steel or aluminum tanks would be fine. Right now, I just need to find out what companies even offer them. The industrial supply catalogs seem to only list gallons, and the increments don't work out very well. I'd prefer to get the correct size instead of having to fill some of the extra volume in a different tank.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Look on the internet for a magazine called Trailer Body Builders and look among their advertisers. Those things are sold by the truck load to trailer and tractor manufacturers but I don't know by whom

rmw

Option #2

Obtain a too large Imperial tank and decrease its effective volume by putting a second volume inside - ball bearings. . or whatever.
Make sure the filler material cannot outflow under high rate of discharge conditions.

Thanks for the replies. I considered using a filler if I really needed to. If anybody else is interested Bosch Rexroth sells them in steel. I found a few other companies offering metric sizes, Bosch was the only one I found that offered both sizes.

dcasto I'm not sure where you're going. Like I mentioned in my first post, this is for lab testing (part of the test equipment). If you've ever sailed a boat, you'll know there's days with no wind ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back