Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Why does the Matrix obtained by command *dmat with parameter outofcore can not be exported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanum

Civil/Environmental
Mar 8, 2015
GB
Good day everyone.
I am trying to create my own topology optimisation routine in Ansys. At the moment I am trying to implement the filter proposed by Bendose and Sigmond in their 88 line matlab code. To do so I have to create a matrix n_elem x n_elem, filled with center distances between element i and j, or if this distance exceeds r_min then this cell is filled with 0.
The problem is that this matrix can be extremely large. To solve this problem in the aforementioned work sparse matrix has been utilized. I tried to do the same, but as far as I know the only way to create sparse matrix is to transform a dense matrix into one. But to do so when matrix is big I need to keep the dense matrix outofcore.
But here is the main problem, I can not export such matrix anywhere, but not only I cannot export this matrix, but also none of the matrices produced by operating on the original one.

Here is some code example:

*DMAT, test1, d, ALLOC, 10, 10, inCORE
*DMAT, test1_1, d, ALLOC, 10, 10, outofCORE
*do,i,1,10
test1(i, i)=1
test1_1(i, i)=test1(i, i)
*enddo
*EXPORT, test1_1, mmf, topology5_test11
*EXPORT, test1, mmf, topology5_test1
*EXPORT, test1, apdl, test01, 1, 10
*EXPORT, test1_1, apdl, test01_1, 1, 10

Status